March 7, 2014
Spring is coming; it is. The birds have started chirping that familiar springtime call – Spring Is Coming! Spring Is Coming! In reality, we’re on the home stretch. Two more weeks of winter. Meanwhile, what to do for a great little getaway? Visit Providence! There’s so much to do with the family or a couples getaway – yes, Valentine’s Day was last month but shouldn’t we celebrate love all the time.
What to do in Providence in the month of March:
- Visit Twin River Casino – NOW WITH LIVE TABLE GAMES! Twin River is a world-class gaming destination located just 9 miles from the Providence Marriott Downtown hotel in Lincoln, Rhode Island. In addition to the largest variety of casino poker, keno, and video slots games in New England. Twin River also offers delicious restaurants and headline entertainment by nationally recognized performers. The Providence Marriott Downtown is proud to be an official hotel partner of Twin River. Hit the jackpot for vacation fun in Rhode Island with our exciting Providence Marriott Downtown Twin River Vacation Package.
- Visit the Providence Children’s Museum –
- Museum visits usually last between two and four hours.
- While most exhibits can be enjoyed by visitors of all ages, Littlewoods is only for children age 4 and under and their caregivers.
- The Museum offers daily programs. Check the calendar to determine which programs are of interest and age appropriate for your child(ren).
- The Museum Admissions Desk offers a selection of imaginative toys, souvenirs and gifts.
- All signage is in both English and Spanish.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Book one of the Providence Marriott’s family packages to round out the perfect Rhode Island vacation!
- Visit one of Providence’s amazing theaters – Trinity Rep or Providence Performing Arts Center
Pair this with one of the Providence Marriott’s romance packages and it’s a safe bet you will win hearts.